You can quickly add a data entry form in Excel 2016 in just a few clicks. The steps to add a data entry include adding the form to your quick access menu and creating a table with headings for the data to be entered and finally initiating the table. Yes, that is all that is needed 3 easy to follow steps to have on your very own data entry form.
Check out the Video Instructions
Step 1: Add the Form Option to Your Quick Toolbar Menu
First, you will need to access the options menu. Follow the instruction below to do this.
- Click File.
- Click Options.
- Click Quick Access Toolbar.
- Choose All Commands from the Choose command from option.
- Scroll down to Form.
- Add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Now you will be able to see the quick access icon form forms at the top of the ribbon, you can use it to convert a table into a form with a single click now.
Step 2: Create a Table
You simply need to create a table with the heads that will act as your data entry fields. For example. I created a table with Product, Price, Customer, and Store. I would like these to be my data entry headings in my form.
- Type your column headings
- Click Insert from the top ribbon
- Choose Table
- Insert the table with headings
Step 3: Change the Table to a Form
- Simply highlight any part of the table and click your form icon.
- Enter your data.